Friday, May 4, 2018

Saga of Painting WTJ Ships - Part 2

Well it has been a while since I published Part 1 of this tale.  I finally completed the three British battleships and mounted them on the "sea" bases that I use.  You will notice that I used two different colors on the decks, a darker on the Canopus and Collingwood and a lighter on the Majestic.  I'm not sure which one I'll use in the future for British ships.  With the white superstructure, turrets, and guns, the lighter deck looks a little "washed out" even though it may be more accurate.

Please click on the photographs to get a larger image.  Just don't "notice" the touch-ups that still need to be done.

HMS Canopus - port side view

HMS Canopus - high oblique view

HMS Collingwood - port view

HMS Collingwood - high oblique view

HMS Canopus - port side view

HMS Majestic - high oblique view
The ships have no masts and I'm not sure how or if I'll make any.  And I still need to paint the wakes on the bases.

But for right now they are "battle" ready.

The two Russian battleships are still "under construction."


2 comments:

El Grego said...

The lighter-colored deck is just a bit too light to my eye - looking good so far

Tony S said...

Very nice indeed! What a great idea for the bases. I have to agree with El Grego; the darker decks do seem to look better. More contrast.